HOW TO TRAVEL IN TIME - 3rd CHAPTER

HOW TO TRAVEL IN TIME - 3rd CHAPTER
------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor waved his hands to that young couple to be seated. The doctor looked at them for a while and then he realised that the lady was too worried by her husband’s condition. The doctor looked at that guy. His eyes were moving here and there and it never stopped.
The lady started speaking.
                “He is my husband. Name Sekar Subramaniam. Working in a private bank. We were married just 4 months before. Everything was going fine till today morning.”
Her eyes became widened when she pronounced the last sentence. The doctor was listening as he does always. She started to speak again.
                “He left for office today asusual. He was extremely normal at that time. After one hour four persons took him to home again in an auto rikshaw. They told me that he fainted in the bus stop and he was not responding properly for their questions. With the help of his ID card they took him back home. We went to nearby hospital. They told everything is normal. But from that incident he is not normal. He is behaving different. He has never spoken with me till now.”
Tears were running down her cheeks. She wiped out the tears and started speaking again.
                “I don’t undersand what happened to him. Why is he behaving like this. Why did he faint. I need my husband back. Finally I decided to come here.”
The doctor noted down something in a paper and looked into the eyes of that guy.
                “Hello Sekar. How are you?”
No response from him. His eyes were moving here and there without stopping. The doctor again noted down something.
                “I need to talk with him in person. Can you please wait here?”
The lady looked at her husband once and told yes. The doctor took him into the dark room and switched on the yellow lamp. The doctor noted that his eyes were moving without stopping. He sat in front of him and started speaking by looking into this eyes.
                “May I know your name please?”
                “--------------“ (No response)
                “Can you tell me what am I holding in my right hand?”
                “-----------“ (No response)
The doctor stood and picked a book from the shelf. He was searching for something in that book. He did not notice that his eyes had stopped moving.
                “Do you have all books?”
The doctor stopped reading and looked at him.
                “Pardon?”
                “Do you have the book ‘The Guide to Time Travel’?”
The doctor stunned.
                “What is that?”
                “My book. ‘The Guide to Time Travel’ which was written by me?”
The doctor was little bit surprised by his answer.
                “Sorry. I don’t have that. I never heard this kind of book.”
                “What? You people lost my book? Don’t you know how to preserve precious things?”
The doctor was puzzled by his sudden questions. He started again.
                “Do you know Thirukural?”
                “Yes. That 1330 two line poems. Right?”
                “What only 1330? There were more than 5000. What about the remaining?”
                “Sorry. I don’t know.”
                “You people are very irresponsible. You don’t know how to preserve things. You don’t know the value of history.”
                “What is there in history. According to me, the people who lived in history are five sense human beings. Thats it.”
                His eyes had become widened and again it started moving without stopping. The doctor sat in front of him and started speaking softly.
                “Ok Sir. Tell me who are you? What is the relation between you and history. Are you a history professor?”
That guy took a deep breath and started to speak.
                “My name is Sitthayogi. I have come from 2 B.C. to check whether you people are preserving all our precious books and things?”
The doctor stunned by his answer.

-- To Be Continued......

Comments